How to get run fit, and achieve your goals?
I fess up, I read some of those posts… you know… those posts……the ones about achieving your goals. To paraphrase the waffle:
“Write it down, you have a slightly better chance of achieving it, better still have a plan”
Right ok, so Make it real… Apparently people who don’t write down their goals tend to fail easier than the ones who have plans.
In Tableau English that’s:
If you have a goal, viz it up, if you don’t viz it up, you don’t have a goal – you have a wish!
Making it real – going public with the goal, plan and progress
- Get race fit by end of JUNE 2017
- Get off your ass
- Run more miles
- Track your progress (viz it up in Tableau via the information labs strava web data connector)
- crowd source training tips (twitter)
- Go public with it – this should help me stick to it. Announcing my goal to more than my wife and kids, might just spur me on to try a little bit harder.
View interactive viz on Tableau: Strava run stats
Current issues identified:
- I don’t do enough runs per week (5 in March is not enough), i need to be running at least 3 x per week (see crowd sourced tips), therefore i need to get out during the week AND at the weekend (mainly Sundays it appears):
Other key tips sourced:
- Build up gradually – average distance per month is going up nicely – Tick,
- As too is the average length of run (obviously) – Tick
- Maintain pace – Tick
Follow my progress in a monthly update and see if my hypothesis holds true?
Does going public help me to achieve my goals